Friday, August 28, 2026

I'm Back!

 


I've been away from Blog-land

for a while,

but now I'm back.


My life just doesn't seem

interesting enough to

bother you with reading 

my post.

My garden is a mess

flowers are blooming

but my veggies are

not doing well at all.





Finished



I did purchase these two

secondhand chairs

and redid them for my kitchen.




Like I said the garden is 

producing flowers but not veggies

 I found this sign at the Goodwill for $3.


🌼🌷🐝🌻🐝🌷🌼


Well, that's my little post 

I hope you enjoyed it. 

Please leave a comment 

 I love reading them.

🌼🌷🐝🌻🐝🌷🌼


Have a lovely weekend.

Your blogging sister,

Connie :)

45 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! It's always good to hear from you and never boring. You are always up to something good. Love the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post from you today. My blog never has anything very exciting on it. My life is rather boring...lol
    Love those chairs you redid. They look fantastic. Sorry to hear your vegies aren't doing well this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand what's going on with my garden this year I've gotten a handful of cherry tomatoes and maybe five slicing tomatoes all summer. Generally I have tomatoes for canning and giving away.

      Delete
  3. I was so happy to see you are back!I recently found your blog,and you are inspiring me to continue to take care of what I have,tidy up my little ranch home,and age gracefully.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a lovely compliment thank you. I think it's important to appreciate what we have and to make the most of our lives. Home shouldn't be a Showplace; home should be a comfy nest.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you are back. Your garden looks much better than any around here. The chairs turned out very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garden looks good only because the flowers are blooming but the vegetables are doing nothing. I cannot figure out why.

      Delete
  5. Good to see you posting again Connie. Your posts are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading about the daily happenings of fellow bloggers. Your chair projects turned out so very well! My garden is also a mess. It's been a strange year with the weather, first it took so long to get warm, then really hot before calming down into a pleasant summer. Flowers are wild at this time of year. Perhaps they are giving one last burst of energy before the fading light and cooling temperatures slow everything down.
    That's a fun sign! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorrie, it's encouraging to know that one's enjoy reading my blog. I certainly enjoy reading yours. I love tagging along with you when you take a walk through the woods, you have a way with your camera of turning the smallest blossom or gathering of moss into an art piece.

      Delete
  7. It's fun to catch up with you. Painting chairs and working in the garden sounds worthwhile. Wish I was there spending the day with you in the great outdoors. I'm stuck inside with a heat rash...but it's better! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your heat rash. Honestly we've had so many forest fires and prairie fires at the air quality here has not been the best this summer. Therefore, I've spent a lot of time inside too.

      Delete
  8. Hi Connie, I remember my blogging days where I felt I didn't have anything interesting to write about. But then I had to remember: it doesn't have to be anything particularly news-worthy. Your readers simply like hearing from you and hearing about your everyday life. I love seeing what you're up to in your gardens, your home, or what you've been working on. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet and a dear blogging friend πŸ₯°

      Delete
  9. I always enjoy your posts. Love seeing your projects around your beautiful home. The chairs turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only paid $5 for each of them. They're nice strong chairs and it's nice to have six at my table. I've started having friends over for games on Wednesday afternoons followed with a pot luck dinner. ☺️

      Delete
  10. Your posts are always lovely Connie & I enjoy seeing what you are up to in your little part of the world. Your new-to-you chairs turned out so great. We are heading in to spring here now as you will be heading in autumn I imagine. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our weather is starting to cool down and I'm enjoying the change.

      Delete
  11. Lovely to see you today. I sometimes let my blog sit quietly while I struggle to think of something interesting to write. I always enjoy coming to yours to see what you have been doing. Lovely chairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and know that I love reading your blog too πŸ₯° you've got beautiful flowers and I love tagging along on your travels.

      Delete
  12. I don't think my life has much to blog about but I notice that people do visit and seem to appreciate my rambling. I hope you'll realize how much we all enjoy the little peek into your life as you paint a piece of furniture or show a pretty plant ( or a new sign found at a thrift store). Have a lovely September!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very encouraging πŸ₯°

      Delete
  13. Your chairs are very, very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your posts are always so interesting with all your creativity and new projects. Our garden didn't do well either and late frost destroyed the blueberry crop plus not a single apple or pear on the trees. Here's hoping next year is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I with you . . . Hoping that next year is a great growing year 🌱 thank you your encouraging words.

      Delete
  15. Connie, your blog is the first one I look for a new post.
    I admire your style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good to hear from you! I always appreciate seeing your creativity at work. My garden is also a mess with weeds. It has been too hot to bother pulling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your comment warms my heart ♥️

      Delete
  17. Bummer your veggies aren't doing well this year. Nice you can enjoy the pretty flowers. We have had pretty good luck this year with our garden, I only did peppers, green beans and cherry tomatoes. Good to hear you are well, and still doing projects around the house, those chairs turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always have a project going on 😊

      Delete
  18. Hey Connie, I can't imagine you feeling that way when you always have such beautiful things to post. You did an amazing job on the chairs! I didn't even post a picture of my garden this year. It has been the worst summer for growing vegetables! It was so hot and dry when I set out a few tomato plants. they didn't set fruit, didn't even bloom. We can look forward to trying again next year, if the Lord is willing. You have such a pretty place because of all the work you have put into it. Love, Henny and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when you come to visit and leave a comment. You are so kind with your words. Like you said if the good Lord's willing will have a good garden next year and if He's willing, we'll still be here to tend it πŸ₯°

      Delete
  19. Great work on the chairs. I love the blue one. Cute sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Connie: You've been missed. I'm sorry the veggies aren't doing well. I wonder if the smoke contributed to the stunted growth? I do like your chairs a LOT. You are so talented my friend. And the garden sign is great!
    We're driving through Montana right now, on the way to Spokane. Two hours or so to go. We stayed the past two nights in Helena, visiting our son and his family. It was wonderful to see them again. We'll be in Spokane for a month! We sure looking forward to seeing our friends and our church family there. We got a great rate at the North Spokane RV park so we decided to stay a little longer.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, I hope the smoke has cleared and that you have good weather. I know we're supposed to be getting some rain so that should clear the air a lot. God bless you both.

      Delete
  21. Hi Connie! Your life is never boring! I love seeing your posts and what you've been up to! I was getting a little worried as you hadn't posted for awhile. You, as always, are working on some sort of project! See? you needed two more chairs for company coming over on Wednesdays... now that is a nice life.. to have visiters every week! Your garden does look beautifiul and love the garden sign you found at Goodwill. Your flowers look gorgeous. So what if we "just" have a garden of flowers!?? that is very nice also. Our weather here has been weird and long and hot, and my veggies didn't do too well either, nor my flowers. Of course, this year I didn't put in new soil or anything (in my flowers) and some are just perennials that popped up in the pot from last year. My one rose bush keeps getting eaten by a deer that wanders in every time I get some new buds on it! My strawberries hardly did anything as got choked out by a horrible invasive weed. I keep pulling it out but the roots stay lodged and get intertwined with the strawberry roots. I'm so mad about that! I planted 3 raspberry bushes but all they are are tiny little clusters and not growing at all. Sign... oh well.. at least I did have some flowers to look at and my cherry tomato (one bush) is going wild! Such is this hot summer, that's for sure. I'm so happy to see your finding more things to paint! I did do a post on my blog but did it from my phone and somehow it disappeared and never did post! Thus.. no post from me for awhile! Take care and have a great week! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marilyn, I am still alive and kicking, LOL. Although I do slow down a little bit every year and I can really tell it this year. I've been sick the last 3 days with the green apple trots and that's no fun at all, but today I'm starting to feel better. Thank you so much for your concern and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

      Delete
  22. Welcome BAck Connie! I have missed you! I figured summertime was a busy time for you with gardening, etc. I love the two chairs you painted! What a great idea. And I just love seeing all the neat things you have done around your house and garden and yard. It's so special and unique. I do look forward to your posts and ideas. Please keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good to see you back, Connie. I always enjoy reading your posts, your home and garden look amazing and I love reading about things you make, upcycle and grow.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete