I Thought that I would show you
my new sofa :)
Out with the old . . .
In with the new :)
Going from brown to navy
made a big difference.
I also purchased these
two ginger jars.
And took the curtain
out of this window
added window film
to look like cut glass
and a shelf for plants.
It's so much fun to
change things up.
That's my post for today.
Have a lovely weekend
and
God bless you all.
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)






Wow! The navy is a huge difference and you will have so much fun with your decorating in months to come. You are so creative and tasteful. I love it! I really do!!! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteMe too, I have always been a fan of navy blue.
DeleteYour new couch looks great and I like all the touches of blue here and there in your living room. What a good idea you had putting window film in that window. It fooled me! I wondered how come I'd never noticed that you had such a lovely stained glass window.
ReplyDeletePS I love seeing sweet Beulah💗.
Beulah does like having her picture taken, she a ham in front of the camera 🥰
DeleteI really like the new couch, it fits well in your living room. The window film is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks🥰
DeleteThe new sofa looks very elegant and much nicer than the brown!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like it and it's very comfortable. It's not as deep as the brown one, which makes it more comfortable for short people like me.
DeleteI love changing things up a bit too and do it often. I like your new blue couch a lot. Your home looks so cozy and inviting.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I just want my home to be comfortable to all who enter.
DeleteI like the new sofa BUT I really LOVE that window! If it wasn't so hot during the summer months here I would do that but most of the time I have to keep the curtans pulled tight to keep out the heat. Love what you've done with your sweet little cottage.
ReplyDeleteVisit Amazon and check out their window film. They have one that is reflective and keeps out a huge percentage of ultraviolet rays and keeps your house cool. To the outside it looks like a mirror and to the inside you can see out of it. It might be something that would be good in your hot weather.
DeleteJust be aware that any houseplants on the windowsill will not thrive. My DD didn't know that when she got that film on her big LR window.
DeleteTruth is that every one of those plants in my windowsill are artificial. I couldn't grow an indoor plant if my life depended on it. I gave up years ago. I look for ones that look as real as I can find. Years ago my Mom was visiting and I caught her watering one in my kitchen. When I ask her what she was doing she said your plant is so dry, I laughed and told her it was artificial. I love the look of real plants in the house I just can't seem to keep them alive.
DeleteThose are all such great changes and really lighten up the room. I used film that looks sort of like lace on our pantry windows in the camper and a dish cabinet in the house. It's really nice for privacy, yet still lets some light in.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Your lacy window film sounds beautiful, you should put them in a post. I would love to see them.
DeleteI had a navy blue sofa for many years and loved it. Now it is in my grandson's rec room and he loves it, too, along with his game playing buddies. Your room looks very nice. It's fun to update and refresh, isn't it? I have used that stained glass film a few times and it is wonderful! Gives some privacy but lets light in. God bless you -I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Diana, it's so good seeing you back in blogland. 😊
DeleteVery nice!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteYour blue sofa looks fabulous, i love the ginger jars you bought to, perfect touch to go with the room. The window film is lovely on that window and the plants all around it really looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, sounds like we have the same tastes 🥰
DeleteLove your new blue couch, it adds a delightful touch to your already lovely decor! Also love the window film you used, really adds that special touch too! Have a blessed and wonderful Labor Day!
ReplyDeleteThank you Marilyn, I hope that your day is also going well. Isn't it nice to have a bit of cooler weather 😊
DeleteI love your new window treatment, Connie. Thanks for sharing your new decorating ideas♥
ReplyDeleteSharing is what blogging is all about ❤️
DeleteLove your new sofa! The navy blue was a perfect choice of color. Window film has come such a long way! We have it on our two lower living room windows to block the view of our neighbor's awful house and yard.
ReplyDeleteI love your idea for blocking a ugly view and I'll bet it brings a warm and charming layer to your living room.
DeleteYou have a beautiful home Connie. All those little touches make it special.
ReplyDeleteConnie, our living room redo is vfery nice and we are thinking we need to replace our older couch as well, most likely we will stick to a brown or tan color.
ReplyDelete