Hi to all my lovely
blogging friends!
I have to tell you
how very much I enjoyed
reading your comments in my last post.
It confirmed my love of blogging
and
the wonderful comradery of blogging sisters.
Today I just want to share
a little DIY trick that
I discovered on Pinterest.
My living room baseboard
was a skimpy 2 1/4 inch.
By adding a small trim
above it and then
painting in between
with the baseboard color
I turned it to a 7 inch
baseboard.
That brown board beside
the paint brush
was what I used to space it,
instead of measuring all the time.
If you do this on sheetrock
it will turn out much better
than my painted paneling,
because you wont have those
tell tale lines.
Well, that's it
short and sweet.
Tomorrow is my 81st
Birthday . . .
and I bought myself
a new sofa that will be
delivered Wednesday.
The Nazarene Church in
our town is having a
yard sale for their
missionaries, so I called
them and they came
and picked up my old couch 😊
hopefully it will help.
Well, you all know that
you'll be getting
a picture of my
new one on my next pot.
Until then, have a lovely
week and I hope this
little DIY trick will
inspire at least one of you :)
"God Bless You"
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)






Happy birthday! I hope your special day will be blessed with so much love!
ReplyDeleteThank you, that sounds so nice. Actually I think it's just going to be another regular day. The only thing that I have planned is a pickup from Walmart.
DeleteThat's a great trick and you impress me with your ability to carry it out.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweet friend! I pray you have a blessed day.
Your new couch will be so nice and your old one will be a blessing to someone else.
I'm looking forward to my new couch. The fact is couches last so long because we never sit on them. Steve and I have always had our own chair and our couch has been only for company. Therefore they last forever. That one is in great shape but I'm tired of looking at it. It must be at least 20 years old.
DeleteHappy Birthday. Those cakes sure look. good! What a great idea with the base boards. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteThank you, the cakes are actually photos from Pinterest. But the DIY project was done by me, LOL. I like how it turned out.
DeleteHappy Happy Birthday, Connie! I hope you have a lovely day. I love the new sofa! That will be a wonderful gift! And your baseboard trick is really smart! A lot of kneeling on the floor, however....not sure I could make it all the way around the room! (or even get up and down off the floor!, LOL). You must be more spry at your age than I am at my age, and I'm a little bit younger. Anyway, it looks great, and it's a really neat trick! Happy Birthday again!!! Blessings to you!!
ReplyDeleteNot sure about, I love the sofa. The one in the photo is my old sofa and I sure hope someone will love it and make it their own. It's in super good shape, but I've had it a very long time. Looking forward to my new one. I'm trading in brown for navy blue.
DeleteOh Connie! That is the tip I needed to inspire me to get busy faking a baseboard of my own!
ReplyDeleteIt’s been a while since I’ve been blogging but starting to visit my favorites and hope to post again.
I'm delighted to find someone that might try it. It's a very inexpensive way to add a taller baseboard. I already had the paint so the supplies I bought only cost me $60 for the whole living room.
DeleteThat is a BRILLIANT trick and it looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us. HaPpY BiRtHdAy my dear Connie! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. It's also our 48th anniversary! We arrived safely in Spokane at the RV park this afternoon. Tomorrow night 25-30 of our friends have planned a party for us. Isn't that sweet?
ReplyDeleteTake care and my God bless you with many more happy and creative years.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Happy Anniversary! I think it's wonderful that your friends are throwing you a party. And it's great to hear that you made it to Spokane safely, have a wonderful visit. God bless the two of you and praying that He gives you many, many more years together.
DeleteHi Connie and Happy Birthday to you tomorrow! It seems like it was just your birthday! I love that baseboard idea. It looks so real from a little distance away. And congrats on getting a new couch! I need one badly. I'm using an older one from a neighbor and it's not that comfortable, plus my cat has clawed the heck out of it on one arm, so I'm embarrassed to have anyone see it! I'm glad you are treating yourself! Did you go to an actual store and try them out! I have to sit on one to be sure it fits me. Have a great week! xoxoxo Marilyn
ReplyDeleteYes, I've sat on in and it's very comfortable. I'm buying it from a designer that stages high-end homes for real estate sales. She purchased it new to stage a home. Then she put it in her shop. You can go to her shop to hire her as a decorator or check out her "for sale" items. This couch sold for $2,000 new and she sold it to me for $700. 🥰
DeleteOh, Happy Birthday dear Connie! How delightful to have a new sofa. I imagine you sitting very comfortably with a nice cup of coffee and looking at birthday cards,
ReplyDeleteI love birthday cards, this year they seem to be birthday texts, but I'm enjoying hearing from people that I rarely hear from. It's nice to be thought of and thank you for the birthday wish 🥰
DeleteThat is a great idea. Pinterest is a wealth of inspiration and ideas
ReplyDeleteYes it is! Pinterest and YouTube or where I get most of my ideas.
Delete🌻Happy, Happy Birthday!🧁
ReplyDeleteThank you 🎂
DeleteHappy Birthday, Connie. Enjoy your day and best wishes for the year ahead! By the way, that is a clever little trick from Pintereset.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the birthday wish. I love that we have Pinterest and YouTube they have a treasure of ideas.
DeleteHappy Birthday Connie! I hope you have a blessed day filled with happiness. You are such an inspiration to all of us. Have FUN! Birthday hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteI never turned down a hug, thank you 🥰
DeleteHappy Birthday! We are definitely blogging sisters as I'm almost the same age as you, I will turn 81 in October.
ReplyDeleteAlright sister . . . Almost twins 🥰
DeleteThank you for the birthday wish.
Happy birthday!!! I hope it is the best one yet!
ReplyDeleteThank you 🥰
DeleteA very Happy Birthday to you Connie, how great to get yourself a new couch for your birthday and help the missionaries at the same time. I go to a Nazarene Church myself.
ReplyDeleteYour trim really does make a lot of difference, looks terrific!
Wishing you a wonderful year to come!
Thank you so much. I've had a very quiet day, but that's okay with me.
DeleteHappy Birthday Connie!! What a neat idea. The trim looks so much better. We have painted paneling in the hall and both bedrooms. Congratulations on the new couch. I've been promised a new one soon. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be delivered tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll do a post 🥰
DeleteThank you so much for the birthday wish.
Happy birthday Connie. I love that baseboard idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks ☺️
DeleteBelated birthday wishes dear Connie!! My 81st was on the 22nd so that makes me 9 days older than you.
ReplyDeleteI like wide baseboards and you've done a great job of making yours look nice and wide. We had those narrow ones for years then my DH cut 5" strips of half inch plywood and topped them with a molding. I like that a lot better than how it was.
I'm looking forward to seeing your new couch which will hopefully have arrived today!
I like what your husband did. That would be a better way than mine, but since I'm on my own now this was the best I could do. Steve and I used to do everything together and that way I know enough to use some of his tools and do a bit of DIY. My new sofa did arrive today, will try and get a post out tomorrow and show it off. It made a huge change in my living room. It's cool to know that we are so close in age.
DeleteHappy Birthday, Connie! I LOVE your baseboard trick. It really looks nice. Go you! 👏👏👏
ReplyDelete