Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Giving The Living Room A bit Of Autumn Flair



 It's that time of the year.

The days are cooling down

&

thoughts of Autumn fill our

create minds. 



My decorating juices started flowing

after stopping at Ross' and purchasing 

these two burnt orange throw pillows.




I think they look great

on my new navy sofa

and they match well

with the sunflower

quilt I made last year.





Next I went out to 

the shop and got down

my plastic storage box

of autumn decor

and started tweaking 

the living room. 






This beautiful blue glass
pumpkin was a birthday present
from a dear sweet friend. 






 

I like to remind myself

of this . . .

Jesus went to that cross

to save me and to wash away

my sin . . . I didn't deserve it,

but He loved me enough

to do it. 


Have a lovely weekend.

Your blogging sister,

Connie :)


25 comments:

  1. I think your navy couch really goes well with everything! And that quilt and pillows is the perfect pop of colors. Thank you for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like Mari is going to start decorating for Autumn . . . I can't wait to see ❤️

      Delete
  2. The burnt orange throw pillows look very well on your new blue couch. I don't do too much Autumn decorating, but will bring in a few branches of hawthorn berries later on. My garden flowers are still giving me lots to cut and fill vases with. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such an amazing amount of Autumn color going on outside that you have no need to decorate :)

      Delete
  3. You have some gorgeous decorations. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your fall decor and those orange pillows do contrast well with the new navy couch. I only decorate outside our apartment entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do less and less every year. When we first moved here I remember getting tall corn stalks and pumpkins and creating decorations outside by the gate. Not anymore :)

      Delete
  5. Love all your fall decor. I pulled out a few things but haven't had the ambition to do the full on decorating I normally do. Fall decor always makes a room feel so much cozier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Fall decor makes you want to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot beverage, cozy quilt on your lap and a dog by our side :)

      Delete
  6. You inspire me with your pictures of what you've put out. I love decorating for Autumn almost more than I do for Christmas.
    The burnt orange throw pillows are the perfect touch. Thank you also for the reminder that the Lord gives us second chances💖.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, sometimes a little bit of encouragement is exactly what I need.

      Delete
  7. Connie, I remember to check for a new post from you often. You are such a bright light showing about your Christian faith! Thank you so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty and cozy in here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Connie... another post I missed! I've been busy making craft things for a show/sale this weekend, so I've been on a roll and ignoring my computer! I absolutely LOVE your autumn decor... I love the blue and orange combinations too.. you don't see much blue and orange, but I really really like it. Those bright orange pillows look beautiful on your new couch! And the sunflower quilt was made to match! Every little thing makes your house cozier and cozier.. all the blue runners and the jar with twinkly lights in it. How fun! I can tell you must be feeling better, as all that decorating genious has come to the surface again! Hugs... have a good week! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That jar with the lights around it and the candle in it was a gift I received at a ladies night out at church. They had three door prizes and that was one of them. I was so surprised when my name was pulled 🥰

      Delete
    2. Connie.. how fun to win something like that! xoxo Marilyn

      Delete
  10. Oh goodness, Connie, your home should be in Country Living magazine! What beautiful decor...everything looks just picture perfect! I love that sunflower quilt and the new burnt orange pillows do look great against that navy couch! I love all your pretty fall things, and your fireplace is gorgeous!! What a lovely home! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations are lovely, I sure do love that sunflower quilt on your wall, and all your pretty decorations, I still haven't taken down all my summer things yet, I need to get on that :) Great reminder in your typewriter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love putting new things in my old typewritten, things to encourage, inspire and start conversations.

      Delete
  12. Your fall touches around the house are charming. It all says "welcome autumn." I especially like that candle with the garland. And I learned to type on one of those typewriters. What a treasure that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my typewriter at a flea market . . . I looked many years for it 🥰

      Delete