Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

No More Raking Leaves For Me

   

There has been so much
going on . . .
Only this time I'm not doing
the work.
I'm just watching.


Here you can see the trees 
out front . . .



All four are gone now.

Sending out a few photos
of the progress
of removing my trees.



Here you can see the rot
in one of the trunks. 
That hole is almost a foot
in diameter.




Here he is in my neighbor's
driveway lifting these huge
logs over the fence
to load them onto his truck
and haul away.  








Then He moved to the otherside 
of the yard and I had him take
all the dead and low branches 
out of my pine trees.



It sure looks different 
around here . . .
in the background you can 
still see a pile of tree
branches on the ground.
Something on his clipper
broke and we're waiting
on the part to finish 
the clean up.

Poor guy he was so upset.
We were both wanting to complete
this job that evening :)


Good thing is  . . .
this job is no more :)

Have a lovely week
my friends,
&
God Bless You All

Your blogging sister,
Connie :) 




 


38 comments:

  1. It's always sad to see trees go, but it looks like this needed to happen. And way to look at the bright side with no more raking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That was a huge job! I know you feel a lot safer with those trees down and no longer the possibility of them falling on your house! I know you will miss the shade in the summer time, but better to be safe. And yes, I know you appreciate not having to rake leaves! With that many trees, I can well imagine that was a huge job! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am happy for you to have it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a huge job and I tried to stay in the house so I wouldn't be in his way. He said he saw me peeking out the windows every now and then and I just let him know that I enjoyed watching but didn't want to be underfoot.

      Delete
  4. I rake and bag and blow leaves here the entire months of March and April. It wears me out. I'm glad you won't have that to "look forward to"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sad to see the trees being cut down but for safety sake it's necessary. You're right about how different your whole yard now looks. Will you plant any new trees next Spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so
      I might just get some big flower pots and place them on the stumps with annuals planted in them. 🌱🌼🌱

      Delete
  6. I think your house will be safer without those trees so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, it was frightful during bad wind storms.

      Delete
  7. This is a big job and I know you are glad it is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I really thought I'd miss them but now that they're out of there it just feels good.

      Delete
  8. Too bad all those trees had to go but sometimes you don't have a choice. I really like. to watch when they take down a tree. Really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting to watch him and I have to say at times my heart was beating pretty fast. Those trees were very close to my house and the neighbors.

      Delete
  9. It's amazing how those guys can cut down those big trees and clean up the mess and not tear up anything, not even your fence! Oh Connie, I'll be thinking about you this fall and winter when I'm knee deep in leaves with a rake in my hands. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know you have a lot of leaves to rake. I'm just getting too old for that much work. And raking isn't the hard part, hauling them off and figuring out what to do with them, that was always the worst of it.

      Delete
  10. Those trees will be missed, but new landscaping opportunities will take their place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I bet that really brightens up that whole area, I bet you have nice sunlight coming through the front of your house now. It will be nice not to have to rake either but sad to lose the shade too. I can imagine it feels so much different now. Nice to be able to sit back and let them do all the work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to have it all done and not have to lift a finger. It was also very interesting watching him as he worked.

      Delete
  12. sad to see the trees go even when it's necessary. It will be nice not having to rake those leaves though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a blessing not having to rake those leaves. 🍁🍁🍁

      Delete
  13. The trees were beautiful but all that lovely space is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep there's a bright side to everything 😊🌼🥰

      Delete
  14. It brightens s up your yard, which is nice. I know you will miss the shade, but no more worries about trees dalling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and that was a worry whenever a storm came up.

      Delete
  15. It really looks open now that the trees are gone. It will be nice to not have to rake any leaves. I used to rake and bag and do yard work, but now I have the landscaper come over now and then. Your house is charming, and you have a big front yard!

    Happy October Connie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a big front yard but my backyard and side yards are five times as big. So this will be nice not having as much work to do each year. Raking leaves when you're my age become backbreaking work. When I was young I thought it was fun
      ☺️🍁☺️🍁

      Delete
  16. We had to take down quite a few trees to put in our home as well, and while it was sad, I do not miss raking pine needles every spring and fall! Your yard looks lovely without them, I'm sure you'll find a nice tree to plant that won't cause such trouble with leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes, it does become necessary to sacrifice trees when they could pose a danger. My brother has faced the same situation at his NJ home and said he does not miss th leaf raking as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older you get the more work raking leaves becomes and I'm at that age 🥰

      Delete
  18. Removing the trees is a good plan. No more worries about the trees falling on your house (or your neighbor's).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's the plan 🥰
      That would be a horrible tragedy.

      Delete
  19. It's sad to see the trees go, but it was necessary and the icing on the cake is no more raking! And a very open view.

    ReplyDelete