Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Monday, June 19, 2023

Enjoying Life!


 I hope that you are comfortable,

dear friends

because this post is full :)

 


 

Starting out with this quilt.

 


 

I finished it a while back,

but discovered that I had not

taken any photos of it. 

 



 

I keep a quilting notebook

so that I can look back 

and remember all the quilts

I've made. 

 



 

On to the garden . . . 

The close up is before mowing 

the grass, big difference :)

 


 

and of course there is always

work to do with this large yard.

I made three trips of waste 

that day.

 


 

This little fellow fell 

from a nest 

way up on the light pole.

 


 

I recused him, 

placed him on this perch

and fed him two fat worms,

but later that evening I

found him dead on the ground.

 


 

This month I took a trip 

to Oregon to see my granddaughter

graduate high school.

 

 
 
 
Isn't she a beauty . . .

pretty on the inside, too :)

 

 

 

This photo is from the 

place I stayed while there.

On the way down I stopped at 

Marilyn's home from

"Pink Paper Cottage"

we had a lovely visit,

but either of us thought to

take a selfie of the two of us.

If you're reading this, Marilyn ...

thank you for your lovely 

hospitality.

 





 

More photos around my 

little home 

.




 

And the other garden.

 I have a garden behind the

house and another behind 

the barn.

 



 

I need the exercise, LOL.

Cheaper than a gym and

I get flowers and veggies :) 

 



 

I've planted morning glories

on each side of this 

garden arch.

 


 

Won't it be pretty when

they meet in the middle. 

 




I'm growing Chamomile this year.

 Notice the little bug that got

into the photo just above my hand. 

 

 

 Harvesting & drying for tea :)

 

 

I should be getting a picking

at least every other day

all summer. 




 

Well, I warned you that 

it was going to be a long post.

I hope that you're still here

and that you'll leave a comment.

I love reading them. 


And if you have any gardening tips,

be sure and post them . . .

I'm always looking for better 

ways to garden and more ways to use

my crops:)


God bless you all!

Your blogging sister,

Connie :)

 

18 comments:

  1. I like your chicken/strawberry patchwork quilt. Good idea to keep a notebook and sketches or photos of each one as you finish it. Congratulations to your granddaughter. So nice that you could be there for her grad. Nice too that you could stop on the way and meet up with another blogger.
    You should have a good supply of dried Chamomile for tea this Fall & Winter. Chamomile is not one of my favourite teas though.
    Like you I have Morning Glories growing on an arbor but they are still growing and no blooms as yet. I sowed some but I needn't have because so many volunteers came up from last year's dropped seeds. I hope I get more than one colour.
    This comment is getting too long. Give sweet Beulah a hug from me. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a long post but a most enjoyable one. :). Love your quilts - beautiful. You've been busy. How nice that you got to see your granddaughter graduate. One of our grandkids graduated during covid. She lives in Hawaii. We got to watch her graduation on line. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking pretty over there! I have never seen chamomille. Looks like daisies!
    Congrats to your granddaughter. She is lovely and I'm so glad you got to go for a visit.
    Your blogging friends place is beautiful, and such a treat to meet in person and stay there. I just posted last week about a trip we took and stayed with a blogging friend as well. The bloggers I know are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks so lovely and well taken care of. Your granddaughter is indeed lovely... congratulations on her graduation! I love your quilt, the colors are beautiful. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely interesting post, it's always good to hear what you have been up to! What a pretty girl your grand daughter is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful.
    Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're growing my favourite flowers Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful pictures! I enjoyed every last one of them!! Love your quilt and gardens and flowers and doggy and granddaughter and everything! But sad about the little birdie that didn't make it. That was so sad. But at least you made his last moments more pleasant. I like chamomile tea! So interesting to see that you can make it!! What fun you have at your little Crafty Home Cottage! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Connie!
    Every photo was just beautiful! I love the quilt, your garden, all the different flowers, your home and your sweet dog... everything!! How special you got to see your granddaughter graduate and visit with your friend.
    Blessings, Linda 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing your lovely quilt and garden. Your flowers are beautiful and so happy you could share in your granddaughter's special day. Thanks again, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Connie, it's always so nice to read your blog. Full of beauty as always, beautiful quilt, beautiful granddaughter, and your beautiful flowers. I like that you are picking and drying your own tea, my daughter does that as well. Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie, I just love your yard and garden, what a wonderful peaceful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granddaughter is a beauty! I enjoyed all the pictures. You always have such a pretty garden. Glad you got to see your granddaughter graduate. We sure enjoyed our trip to WV.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is so cute, just the perfect colors for a country quilt! I wanted to let you know that we spent a lot of time last night looking at the photos of the truck and camping set up you put together. We are thinking about doing something similar and got a lot of ideas. I would love to know if you've thought of other things that are handy to have now that you've used it. Thanks! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos!--love the chicken blocks on your quilt. :-) I agree with you, Connie. I would rather get my exercise gardening than in a gym. Especially with results like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your garden is really taking off, isn't it fun to see it all grow. Wow making your own tea, I imagine you keep very busy in the summer time for sure. My green peppers are not doing so well, the plants haven't really grown much, not sure what I have done wrong, next year I need to plant from seeds and see if I have any better luck.
    So glad you were able to see your granddaughter graduate, and see a friend too :)
    Your quilt is so cute and I like the fabric for the backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am stunned at all you do on your little farm! Wow! Everything is just looking so wonderful! I see Beulah loves to get in the photos too.. she is so sweet. I'm so upset that we didn't get some pictures of the two of us... our visit was too short that's for sure. Love the photos of your beautiful granddaughter and it looks like the place your stayed was devine! I'm also amazed at how much produce you are already getting from your garden. I don't know if I've ever seen the shop building in your photos... was nice to see it.. and all your beautiful mowed lawn too! I didn't know you could grow your own cammomile... you are always teaching me new things. Did you start it from seed? That would be fun to grow in a pot. I'm not doing any veggies this year.. just pretty flowers. I don't have enough room to grow enough to "put up".... so I am just eating my strawberries from the bush.... and I WILL get some blackberries this year too! I'm so thrilled! Oh.. and your quilt is just beautiful.. love the colors.. and the chickens and strawberries make a good pair... hee hee..... I wonder if chickens WILL eat strawberries! I always love your posts.. and you make me want to do more in my garden (and at my sewing machine!). Hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete