Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Sprucing Up For Fall

 


I added a few touches of Fall

to the living room today.




I started with this

acrylic painting that I did

a few years ago.

I never was happy with it,

but now I like it with the 

addition of lettering.




In the spring I was cleaning

up the yard and there was

something about these 

twigs that I liked

so I bundled up a bunch to save. 




I just hot glued a few

Dollar Tree leaves to them

and put them in this old pitcher.

The little pumpkins are from

a generous neighbor's garden,

they dropped a bunch off 

at my free-stand.



 

This vase 

and 

the arrangement in it 

is a new purchase

from the Dollar Tree.

(the photo in the background

it a newspaper clipping of our

home being moved from a town

around 40 miles away 

to where it is today)

 


That's it for to night.

I don't tweak the house

for the seasons 

as much as I used to.

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Small projects can make

a difference.

Thank you all for stopping by.

God Bless You 

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Have a nice weekend

Your blogging sister,

Connie :)


6 comments:

  1. Your fall touches look fantastic. That painting is wonderful. Your talents are endless. Dollar Tree has some nice things that make it easy to decorate for very little money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Dollar tree has changed from $1.25 to $5 but yes they do have some very pretty things :) thanks for the comment on my painting :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely arrangements. We dont really celebrate Autumn in UK, sadly, except for Harvest Festival at church. I would love to hear more about your house move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite interesting. I'm still digging to find more information but it's been fun and that newspaper clipping with the truck an the house loaded up behind it was a surprise gift that was emailed me from a gentleman that is into the history of the town that this house came from.

      Delete
  3. I love your painting! You are so talented.
    Great idea to bring twigs in too. Your home looks very nice,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my budget gets tighter everyday as grocery prices raised along with every other thing. Seems like every time I turn around prices keep going up. Recycling old things in new ways and bringing in items from nature is one way of keeping the budget down. I'm glad you like the painting, thank you.

      Delete