Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Thrifting and Painting

 



Last week Beulah and I 

just wanted to get out of the house

so we went for a drive 

and ended up at a favorite thrift shop.




Where I purchased this 

lovely hand embroidered table

cloth and four matching napkins 

for $4.00. 




Oh, these are the last of my 

summer flowers :)

I'm going to miss having 

fresh bouquets on the table.



Before they were blue


Maybe you noticed that I 

painted my kitchen chairs

white to match the

new paint job on the cabinets.




I still had a little bit of 

white paint left over . . .




I also painted my bed . . .

I told you that I cannot be

trusted when there is a 

can of paint around.

Well, I used every drop 

of paint in that can.

I'll have to go paint shopping

if I decide to paint 

anything else, LOL.




Back to the thrift store

I purchased this little 

clipboard, also $4.





Here it is in the kitchen window.




And this painting . . .

also $4. 

Four dollars must be 

a trade mark for these 

types of items in this store. 




Our temperatures are getting

down close to freezing,

but until they reach that point

I'm enjoying fresh veggies

from the garden.  

 

If you're still here 

and not bored to death by

my post  . . . thanks so much

for visiting. 


Do you have a favorite

from my re-dos or thrift finds?


God bless you all . . .

Your blogging sister,

Connie :) 


2 comments:

  1. Bored by your post? Never!! I enlarge your pictures so I can admire your home and the various projects that you do so well. Cozy is what always comes to mind. You found such pretty treasures at the thrift store. Imagine how many hours of embroidering went into the table topper and it gets sold for a mere $4. That's why we haunt those thrift stores, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I imagine that some sweet lady put a lot of time into making it and probably kept it all clean and ready for special occasions. Then something happened to where her children didn't want it or she had to downsize and it ended up in the thrift store. I love it and I'm glad that I saw it there because I think it looks lovely on my table.

      Delete