Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Monday, September 14, 2026

Good Bye Sweet Friends


Trees are like old friends

and it's sad to see them go . . .

but sometimes it's the right thing.





They have gotten to a point
where it is dangerous 
to leave them up.

One good storm and they
could take out our's
or the neighbor's house.
   







All of this mess is from
one tree  . . .
one down and three to go. 

On my next post 
I'll send you and after
photo. 🥲

Until then . . .
God bless you all.
 
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)




12 comments:

  1. Oh man, it really is sad to see them go. But you're right - sometimes it's the smart thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad to see a tree come down. But sometimes, it's necessary. Think of all the joy they've given you over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, these had some rot in some of the limbs. When I was taking photos I noticed it in some large branches. They were getting to be I hazardous.

      Delete
  3. That is sad. I have one in the front yard that should probably be taken down but I just hate to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I hated doing this too, but in the long run it is the best. My trees were getting old and had some hollow places and rotting within some of the branches. It will be good that I won't have to deal with all the leaves each Fall, the older I get the more work that becomes. So, I guess it's all good in the long run :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Connie.. it's sad to see those beautiful trees go! They have been the sentinals of your yard for so many years, and in so many photos you've had on your blog! Goodbye friends indeed! When Mac and I bought the house in Madras, there was a huge tree in the front yard that had died, but thee trunk and brances were a beautiful blond color and still looked so pretty in the rock flower bed, plus shaded the front yard. Finally though, a big November wind blew it over! We knew it should have been taken down but just hated to do it. So I'm sure you know when it's time for those trees, if you've been seeing the hollow parts and some rot. It's always sad though and it'll look so bare for awhile. I know you wont' miss raking the leaves though! I think we still have a few weeks of nice Fall blue sky and sunny days weather, so enjoy it! Sorry I missed your other posts! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching him all day cutting down the trees. It is a huge job. He's taking down the four in the front, getting the dead out of five pine trees and then cutting the limbs of a neighbor's tree that are hanging over my fence. 😊

      Delete
  5. Oh, how sad! I can well imagine how hard that was for you to do, but I do understand how dangerous those big old trees can be. Wow. Your yard will certainly look different. Maybe you can plant some new trees in their place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but I'm going to live with this for a while to see how I feel about not having anything there.

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how empty a space looks when a big tree is taken down. My garden is now flooded with light after a neighbour reduced the size of his tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when this is finished and everything is clean and cleared out it's going to look very empty, but also bright with sunshine. I'm very fortunate that my porch is on the east side so it will still be shady in the afternoon because the house shaves it. 🥰

      Delete