I have been wanting to make an
for a long time now ---------
So, today was the day to get started.
I had this book that I had ripped pages from at Christmas
to use in making a wreath.
So, I started ripping out more pages.
I'll use these pages for something else in the future.
Waste not, want not, right!
I have only made one other altered book and I did not
remove enough pages and by the time it was finished,
it would not close completely.
There is a lot of layering that goes on, and that makes up for
all the removed space left from the ripped out pages.
Next, I covered the outside of my book.
I used paper from this paper pack.
This sheet was perfect for the spine.
I picked another for the front and back
and used a lace edged trimmer (Martha Stewart)
to trim the edges of the spine.
Next, I used Mod Podge to adhere my cover papers.
I let this dry and then . . .
added a few more paper elements to the front cover.
I think that when it is finished I will either add
some fancy string and charms to the outside
make a book mark with string and charms to have hanging out from the pages.
I think it always adds more character to a piece,
when there is a three dimensional element added to the mix :)
I plan on taking my time and slowly finishing the inside pages.
It may take a month ~
It may take a year ~
but, the process, I know is going to be fun :)
I'm looking forward to my artful journey through France.
If you are like me and have always wanted to travel there,
but feel you will probably never make the trip . . .
I challenge you to start your adventure
with a project like mine.
Please leave a comment . . .I read them all :)Your blogging sister,