I stopped at a barn sale and found these great tools for $1 each.
Well, tell me who could pass that up, right?
The handles were pretty rough, and the metal a bit rusty,
but after a good sanding and painting . . .
they are good to go for a few more years :)
You all know me well enough to know that just painting them was not good enough.
So after painting them, I taped off stripes,
that were inspired our croquet set.
When I was done I decided on four coats of polycrylic
to make them hold up better to the weather.
It made the handles a lot smoother, too.
you've got all winter to make your tools pretty for spring :)
I would love to see what you come up with.
On another note . . .
I love this shot of Butchy, but do any of you know
how to get rid of green-eye.
My software gets rid of red-eye with the click of a button,
but dogs eyes come out green when the flash hits them.
I would love to hear what you do.
Have a great day.
Your blogging sister,