Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My First Holiday Booth



My Dad always said,
"Be careful what you wish for."

I have been so busy since Sunday.
I am setting up for my very first market booth sale,
next Thursday.

These are photos from home.
I'm just trying to see what I have
and how it will look . . .
so yes this set up is in my living room, LOL. 


Sunday, Steve and I went to Home Depot for wood
and hardware.   
We also purchased a wooden ladder at Ace hardware
(do you know how hard wooden ladders are to find?).
See the two white stands behind the ladder . . .
they are part of the wonderful calapsable  rack
that Steve built.



Painting hardware, rack and ladder :)


Attaching extra hardware :)


This is the rack. 
 It comes apart  in four pieces, for easy transport. 
I love it :)



I think that the ladder is going to be great
for hanging my aprons and bags.


I also spent a day making these cards. 


I drew the artwork and then scanned it to make four cards
from each design.


They are all meant to be a little bit masculine
and designed for husbands and sweethearts. 
 


We'll see if they sell?


 I've also made a few little girl aprons. 






And one adult apron.
(actually I've had this one made
 and in the closet for a few months . . .
I've just never posted it). 

All of the graphics on my items are from
The Graphic Fairy
I love their site :)



Well, this is why I remember my Dad's warning.
It has been a few very busy days and evenings.

I think I'm ready,
but I do have to price and inventory 
tomorrow before setting up.



I've been dreaming about doing this for a while,
so here goes . . .

*****************
Come back next week 
Monday or Tuesday
I am planning my first Give-Away.
  
*****************

Have a happy and joyful weekend.

Your blogging sister,
Connie














Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Connie, I think that rack is going to be great! And I love the girls' aprons. I was excited when I was your blog title and thought "she's doing it"! Yay for you! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Oh, the cards are wonderful, too. - Revis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you--I think your ladder is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Connie, you have been a busy bee. Your display ladder, is a brilliant idea. Good luck with the sale, it all looks lovely. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Those aprons are so cute!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! It all looks wonderful. I just did my first craft fair last Saturday. It was a great success and a lot of fun. Hope yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Connie, I'm sure it will be a great success. Those Christmas cards are great and I love your artwork.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Good luck and here's to making a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie,
    Your market booth looks fantastic and such wonderful things for sale too. I'm sure tomorrow will go well for you.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck! hopr you sell out. Very cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are great as are the aprons! I wish you all the best at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie- Your booth looks great- what a nice piece to have that breaks down into 4 pieces. I love the aprons!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting to start your own little business. One thing I've noticed when I do stuff like that, whether I make money or not, I always enjoy the time I spend with like minded people! The money is always a bonus. Enjoy.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cards and aprons you made...everything looks great. Where will this booth be - in a little antique shop that rents out booth space?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks so lovely!! Great use of the ladder!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, your makings are great. I can see you like drawing too. If you check out the video at the top of my blog, Suzanne McNeill shows how to jazz up some Xmas baubles.A good idea, and easy too.
    Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your set up..very nice, very clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting and good for you! Your booth I'm sure is/was a great success -- love the aprons and the cards. Lucky you to have a hubby who's being so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how fun, your booth looks great, I'm sure you'll do well! And those aprons are so darn cute!!
    ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy for you Connie with your NEW ADVENTURE!! Don't judge a show on a few showings! Sometimes it takes doing 6 or so to see how it's going! I pray total success for your show and future shows~ You will love it!! I think those little girl aprons are adorable and your cards are very unique too! Each show, buyers can want different things..you never know!! Looks like your ready.....Blessings to you, girl!! from one sweetie to another....Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it all looks wonderful! I really love the little girl's aprons- those are darling! Good luck with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am doing a catchup...I am sure your market was a hit. Your display ideas were fabulous. I love those apron dresses....did you make them from scratch or have you REinvented some pre made little girls dresses...either way that are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete