Here's a quilt that I started in
January of 2017
*******So Today *******
I'm celebrating finally getting it done :)
The reason it sat in a drawer for so long
is because I was trying to find more
of this blue floral print for the boarder.
Then I finally decided to use polka dot instead,
and get it done :)
This is the label before stitching it on.
After I purchased my fabric paints
I made this little chart.
It serves as a great reference.
First I drew my designs onto white paper.
Then put them on my light box and
penciled them onto my white fabric.
Next I took them to the sewing machine and
used black thread to free motion
them onto the fabric before painting.
Then I free motion quilted each block.
Playing with the paint first
helped me to figure out how to make
them look like watercolors :)
This is one that I ended up not using.
I'm sure it will end up as a pillow
someday or a piece in a scrappy quilt.
I thought you might like to see some of
the blocks up close.
******* That's it!*******
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
and that you'll leave a comment,
so I know you were here :)
Your blogging sister,