Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Getting Lost In God's Country

 

 

 

Any time that you can drive for an hour

and only see one other car on the road . . .

that's heaven.  

Especially when it's through

rolls hills of wheat. 

That's what happen to me

last Saturday, when I made

a wrong turn on a country road.

It's was glorious . . .

my tank was full on the car

so I continued driving 

to see what I could see.

That's is until I passed a sign that

told me I was entering another 

county. 

Time to turn around, LOL!

 

 

This was the farm that I was 

going to.

 

 

 

They were celebrating 

Autumn or Fall

which ever you want to call it.

 

 

 

As you can see there were 

food booths and craft booths,

alone will a lot of family friendly

fun for all ages.

 


 

These are a few of their 

cut flower fields.

Of course it's Fall and they are

not as brilliant as summer.

 

 

 

This is the time of year when

nature starts it's rest.

Going to seed and waiting

for frost and then Winter.  



They also had live music 

with straw bales to sit on

while listening.

(I somehow deleted my photo

of the Blue Grass band)😓

 


 

They even had a photo booth :)

Beulah went with me

and Butchy stayed home.

 


Another thing that I did this week 

was dry my hot peppers.




 

 

I ended up with a 

quart jar . . .

they will be so good added to 

spicy dishes this winter :)

 


 

That's my post this week,

thank you so much 

for stopping by.


 

God bless you all,

and keep smiling!

 

Your blogging sister,

Connie :)


19 comments:

  1. Hello, Connie! What a beautiful day for a drive! Thank you for taking us along! Have a cozy, autumn day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave to get out on a drive like that but it's exactly what I love to do too! We are hoping to take a drive this weekend on the backroads. The peppers are so colorful and tasty too! They will come in handy. I would make some cheese dip and stir some in and get a bag of Tostitos! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, It looks like you had some fun. I enjoyed all your pictures. Hope you are having beautiful fall days. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun day, country music, food and craft stalls all in a wonderful rural setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your Zinnias are still blooming. Your dried peppers are going to be so handy come winter. I'm a fan of spicier food but my DH isn't so I have to go easy on the heat.
    I am amazed at that long straight road. It must have been glorious just sailing along amid the wheat fields and hardly another vehicle in sight. I'm glad you ( and Beulah) finally found the Fall fair or market. The temperatures here are falling as well but still we have had no rain. The weather is strange. not just here but in so many areas.
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is fun to get lost and drive somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling while reading this! I love a road with no cars. It looks like you had such fun at that farm.
    I think you are so smart to dry the peppers. I really think I need to get a dehydrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like God's country up there! so beautiful! But I'm glad you got turned around before you got too far to get back. God was certainly with you. Lovely flowers and scenery. I'm sure your hot peppers will pep things up a bit in the cold winter...however I would have to pass on them. They are pretty to look at...but that's as far as I can go. But you can enjoy them for me! LOL. This was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Connie,
    Driving in such beautiful country is a joy. What a fun farm you visited. Love the photos. Those hot peppers will keep things spicy in your kitchen! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I do miss Washingtons wheat fields, although we have lots of cornfields here! How fun to have an impromptu drive around the county. The farm looks like lots of fun and Beulah seemed to enjoy it too!
    Blessings and big hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a "road less traveled" adventure! Beulah is a good traveling companion and the farm looks like a lot of fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kinda drives, just like the one you had. I love festivals this time of year. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connie, Got a smile from that photo of you in the photo booth with Beulah. Sweet! As always, I enjoyed all your photos. Nice work processing around the edges of the images. I want to try that so I’ll have to do some experimenting. I especially love your first image looking down the open road. I think a roll down that road might be better than half an hour of meditation. 😊 Thanks, Connie, for sharing your blog. Best regards from Seattle! John

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice country roads for a ride. It's nice to go for a ride to nowhere. I like it when there's no other cars on the road also. Those red peppers will come in handy this Winter. I should try growing some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your trip. It's always nice to get away for a moment but nicer still to return home with fresh eyes. Love the zinnias!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful pictures, your farm visit sounds like so much fun! Your chilli peppers look fabulous 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sorry my last comment was anonymous as is this one as I’m doing it on my phone! I’m Jill from emeraldcottage.blogspot.com !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Connie.. I did see this post but I think I forgot to comment! Your drive sounds wonderful! How fun to go to that farm and enjoy the outdoors, vendors, etc.!!! And drying your peppers. now that is such a good idea! You have such fun places to go in your area.. especially this time of year... when it's cooler... would be much funner not being out in extreme heat. You are being so good with your blog posts! I've been a slug.... one of these days I'll get another one up! Take care.. hugs and all.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete