Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A Day At The Fair

      Walking around the County Fair

is one of my favorite August activities. 



                                                           Old tractors and livestock 

and the pride on a child's face 

as they're showing off their 4-H projects. 





                                                This photo didn't do the artwork justice

the tortoise is painted on a feather 

then matted and framed.

It was quite stunning in real life. 



                                                   Also in the barn that held artwork ...

There was some children's projects 

made from recycled material.


A Castle from toilet paper 

and paper towels spools.


And this cute little lamb 

made from cotton balls and paper.

These both look like sweet projects 

to do with grandchildren when they visit.


  

Then there's my favorite part of the fair,
 
other than the rodeo. . . 

The Quilt Barn!










I hope I'm not boring you to death 

But I had to take a few photos 

Of some of the flowers on display.





It was nice getting out of the house 


and walking around the fairgrounds. 


Fresh air, sunshine and a little exercise 


was just what the doctor ordered 😊


Wishing you all a wonderful day, 

God bless! 

Your blogging sister, Connie 🥰


15 comments:

  1. We have a community fair near us in August. It looks very similar to your fair. It's always fun to go to. My granddaughters usually enter some of their crafts and artwork in it.
    I like the sheep and the quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken some stunning photos Connie - I almost felt like I was there at the fair with you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems the season for fairs. Yours had all the important things, like animals, flower displays, crafts, quilts etc. Lots to enjoy. I hope that feather with the painted turtle won a prize. I wonder if that was a white Cosmos with a red center? If so, and I find those seeds next year I'd love to grow them. Thanks for taking me along to your fair. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours is coming up soon. I haven't been to it in several years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend hours looking at the quilts! I love to go to the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember going to a County Fair in Canada. Like yours it was full of fascinating things. Oh. those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you enjoyed your time at the Fare. :) We have one here every year too but we didn't go this year. All the pictures are beautiful. The painting of the tortoise on the feather is pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to a county fair in years! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear from you Connie- glad you are well and being able to take in the Fair and enjoying it greatly is good for having a days outing for you. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, all the pictures were wonderful!! I loved every one! Thank you for sharing your day at the Fair.☺️
    Blessings, Linda 💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like there was plenty of lovely things to look at. Can't imagine painting on a feather, that must be interesting. Wow the quilts are all so lovely, as are those flowers, I bet you couldn't help coming home with a smile on your face, glad it was a good day out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fair is so wonderful. Thank you for all of the beautiful photos. Piper had 12 entry's into the county fair through 4H and three of them won the grand prize and are going to the state fair next weekend. She's very excited. 4H has been very good for her. It's given her self confidence and helped with her imagination.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connie! Loved every photo. Especially the powder blue tractor. I can think of a bunch of things I could get done with that
    baby. 😀 Thank you for sharing all those colorful photos. Fairs are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the county fairs, the amazing creations submitted, the animals, and always the quilts! I think my favorite is watching the children as they take care of their animals. My children loved 4H and I highly recommend it! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete