Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Monday, February 28, 2022

The Last Day Of February



 Hello sweet friends . . .

Thank you for stopping by :)

~~~ 🌿~~~

We had a beautiful day today.

Our temps reached 56 degrees 

and the sun came out in the 

afternoon . . . so nice.

 

 

Some of our ground is still

frozen, but out by the garden

it was not.  So I wanted to share

this idea that I found on

a gardening show on You Tube. 


You take a big 5 gallon or bigger

bucket and drill large holes in

the bottom and sides.

 

 

Then you bury it in the ground

so that all the holes are underground.

Fill with your table scraps 

and place the lid back on.

That's it!

The worms will crawl through the

holes and turn it all into 

beautiful compost.

~~~ 🌿~~~

I love this idea because I

compost only in the warm weather

digging a hole and burying my scraps.

So, in the winter when the ground

is frozen I waste a lot of good

compost.  These can be there

all year round to just lift the

lid and fill.


~~~ 🌿~~~ 

If any of you have tried this 

I would love to know what you think. 

 

I also spent time today

cleaning and rearranging my

kitchen shelves.

 

I installed some cup hooks

and hung some of my cups.

 


 

 

A week or so ago I found

a bag of artificial lemons

at the Goodwill and 

I thought they looked pretty

 sitting in Steve's scale.

He used this scale when he was 

making sausage.

 


  Last but not least . . .

a girlfriend stop in for a visit

and brought watermelon 😊.

I didn't even know that the stores 

had it this early . . .

It was a sweet taste of what's

to come as the weather 

and gardens move into a warmer season.

 

Thanks for visiting . . .

In these troubled times, I want to

end my post with this . . . 

 God Bless You All

 
Your blogging sister,

Connie :)

 

18 comments:

  1. What a good idea for easy composting. We compost year round and have two big bins that are covered so critters can't get in. I do love a good sweet and cold watermelon! Can hardly wait for summer! Enjoy your week, dear Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Connie, I really appreciate that scripture that you closed with. I've been thinking of it a lot when I'm tempted to turn on the TV to check the news again. I'm really trying to limit myself on news.
    That bucket is a brilliant idea to make compost. I think a lot more people will be trying gardening this year.
    I think my favorite thing on your shelves today is the sweet blue and white chicken. She looks very happy sitting there on your shelf.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea Connie, especially if you dont have room for a big composter. I slightly envy your water melon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea with the bucket for composting. Those lemons look real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CONNIE- I do like what you have done with your Kitchen Shelves- looking terrific! Stay safe and well- Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your tip for the compost, like Lorrie we have a bin that seems to work all year around. Loved the lemons a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I compost year round using a container bin with holes in it but will certainly try this idea. Warm weather coming to your house, that's great. Spring is just around the corner. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a neat idea for composting during the winter, although ours would be covered with snow or ice a lot of the time.
    I love how you have arranged your dishes, so pretty to have them on display at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cupboard looks wonderful and the cup hooks work really well to display those lovely cups! And good reminder about prayer in our daily lives xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our season here in New Zealand has just turned over to Autumn, but we still should get plenty more sunny days this month. But we are already noticing it is getting a little bit cooler in the early mornings. You do such wonderful little touches I your beautiful home, you truly are an inspiration, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea with the bucket. I will try it too.
    Love all your dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy March 1st Connie! I just like the sound of the word "March"... it just brings to mind GREEN and warmth and yellow daffodils and did I saw warmth??? Great idea for that compost bucket... our ground is so frozen too during the winter.. but this bucket down into the ground (if I could find a spot soft enough, even in the summer!) is a great idea.. to attrack the worms also. And your kitchen shelves are so pretty! I love how they are narrow like that.. the cup hooks are great for your pretty teacups too.. and the blues and whites... just love them. The scale that was Steven's is so pretty with the lemons stacked on top.. and they DO look so real and add a pop of sunshine...love your cute little timer too sitting beside it! I had a little spurt of energy for awhile there, but now it seems to have said bye bye for now! I did go out and drive my Van today which got me to thinking about warm weather and campfires! Hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That compost idea is a good one.
    Everything looks nice over there, and those lemons look real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic composting idea! We have a big composting bin in our backyard but we can't use it in the winter because the lid is frozen on. I love your kitchen shelves. Did you and Steve build those or were they there when you moved in? Your jars of canned goods look so beautiful lined up on those shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that idea for composting! Your kitchen shelves look so pretty. I've always loved tea cups hanging on cup hooks but don't have a pretty cabinet to show them off in. Connie you amaze me how you keep yourself so busy. Your bedroom looks beautiful. I can't imagine building a headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the display of lemons and the scale. It reminded me that somewhere I too have a bag of artificial lemons. I'll look for them and see how I can display them.
    We have 3 of those big composters ( I think the municipality was selling them once upon a time). Once in a while a rat will chew their way into one which makes a trap necessary :( Your 5 gallon bucket idea sounds great and burying it might keep varmints out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shelves look great!
    I like your composting idea.
    We have 6 hens; fortunately for us, they do a great job of keeping the compost turned :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great idea for composting, and so easy! I've done the trenching method you mentioned, and that worked well when the ground was soft, but this is fantastic for winter months. Your kitchen shelves look wonderful. So pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete